Benefits of Learning French Language
French is the most widely spoken language across the globe. It is said that French was descended from the Latin. The French language is the most widely spoken language all over the world. More than 41 countries speak French and there are more than 150 million French speakers all around the globe. After English, French is the second most extensively spoken language. It is believed that French is the ninth broadly spoken language in the world.
The scope of learning French is wide. Upon learning the language one is likely to get great job opportunities in a number of multinational companies. There are a lot of French companies that want to hire professionals who are fluent in the language. If one is fluent a person can not only apply for a job in a good multinational company but also can apply as teacher/trainer in any good educational institution.
There are a lot of benefits to learning French. They are discussed below:
- International Relations: French is one of the languages that is widely used to strengthen international relations. It is the official language of the United Nations, the International Red Cross, and various other globally recognized organizations. If a student aspires to be a part of such an organization then it is mandatory for them to be fluent in French.
- Barriers to Communications: other than languages like English and Spanish, French is the next most spoken language around the world. Once one is able to learn to read, write, speak and understand French, they will be able to interact with French speakers and thus will get an opportunity to know a different culture from a different angle.
- Language of Travel: French is spoken in major chunks of the world. There are more than 60 million people who travel to France every year. With the knowledge of the language, you can get the opportunity to learn and understand the difference between the culture that the country follows itself and the culture of places where French is not an official language.
Career Opportunities in French
Once you learn French and are proficient in it, you have the following career opportunities:
- Civil Services: French is one language that can definitely act as a shining star in your resume if you are thinking of getting into Civil Services. This will be even more helpful if you have the eye for the Foreign Service Department. The Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Tourism and other such government bodies have vacancies for people who are proficient in French. People who can speak different languages always have an upper hand when it comes to cracking a government job interview.
- Embassy: There are more than 25 Embassies in India. There are vacancies in these embassies where they are on a lookout for people who know French. A job in an embassy is highly paid and generally administrative in nature.
- Trainer/Trainer: One of the most satisfying jobs is to become a trainer in the language. Almost all schools are now offering the choice of learning a different language and hence teachers or trainers are required. You can either work in a school or an institute or you could even start your own tutoring services.
- Translator and Interpreter: This particular segment can be really easy and the one that can help you make huge amounts of money. When you are proficient in the language and you are able to speak, read, write and understand French, you can easily translate documents written French into English or any other language that you know. You can listen to audios, watch videos and then help in understanding the meaning. You can either take a full-time job or become a freelancer.
- Multi-national companies: Most of the MNCs that have their base in India are from Europe and they need people who are fluent in French to work for different processes that are outsourced here in India. There are a lot of opportunities in this sector. The salary that is offered is pretty good and if one wants to be a part of the service segment then there is no other better opportunity to start your career.
To conclude, learning French can be really helpful in boosting your career or if you have any business plans. It not only opens you up to the world but also enables you to take advantage of the plethora of opportunities that are available.